Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 239314
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Livonia
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Siemens PLM US Talent Acquisition
Mechanical Engineer Student Internship
Location: Livonia, Michigan
Start Date: Summer 2019
Hours: Full-time during the summer, Part-time during the summer
Discover your career with us at Siemens PLM Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We are seeking motivated individuals who have a strong interest in modern technologies.
Selected candidate will get the opportunity to help solve real business problems through innovative solutions that not only integrate with many Siemens products but also incorporate the use of latest technologies in the Internet of Things (IoT), Analytics, Cloud, Rapid Application Development, Artificial Intelligence(AI)/Machine Learning(ML), Augmented Reality(AR) and Virtual Reality(VR) domains.
You will get the opportunity to:
· Help with development of prototype applications to implement business use cases that help bridge the connection between the Internet of Things and their “Digital Twins” enabled by Siemens products
· Research and implement Siemens product capabilities to solve specific business problems
· Assist with implementation of customer facing proof of concept applications
· Assist with setup of demonstration environment
· Support documentation and presentation activities
· Currently enrolled in a university pursuing an undergraduate or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
· Past experience with using one or more of the Siemens design, simulation and/or manufacturing software suites (NX, NX Nastran, Simcenter Amesim, STAR-CD, STAR-CCM+, Tecnomatix Process Simulation, Plant Simulation, etc.)
· Some software development and/or scripting skills in will be helpful but not mandatory
· Knowledge of or experience with machine learning technologies to solve engineering problems is a plus
· Able to work well in a team
· Enthusiastic and eager to perform well
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills