QC Technician 3 [2nd SHIFT]
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 239332
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Position Overview /Responsibilities
2nd Shift 230-10pm
The technician will be responsible for activities related to manufacturing testing within the Quality Control Organization. Functions and responsibilities may include and are not limited to:
- Completes manufacturing related testing/processes on Diagnostic equipment and analyzers such as, Dimension RXL/EXL/XPAND.
- Performs periodic inspections of equipment and performs preventative maintenance work.
- Performs the most complex quantitative and qualitative analysis, such as sampling, testing, and measuring using Diagnostic equipment and analyzers.
- Compiles, analyzes, and interprets testing results.
Performs complex calculations as well as prepares graphs and charts.
- Enters data into internal computer systems and generates documents as required.
- Performs troubleshooting on test processes.
- Interacts with others inside/outside work group: scientists, engineers and management.
- Potential to work independently on projects which includes defining tasks, setting priorities and planning materials.
- Flexible to work overtime and/or irregular work hours as needed.
- Knowledge of QSR’s and ISO standards.
- May require participation in new product development, production support and/or reference materials.
- May provide general guidance to others and train lower level employees.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience
Knowledge and skills of a technical or specialty area, with 5-8 years of experience including but not limited to the following:
Understands the quality management system and ensures that their area complies with FDA, QSR, ISO and IVDD standards.
Familiar with GMP, GLP, and GDP processes
Mathematical skills: concentration calculations and statistical analysis.
Computer skills: customary MS Office programs, SAP, LIMS, and/or Siemens Clinical testing software.
Laboratory skills: operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of analytical instruments and chemistry assays.
Demonstrated ability to work independently, on a team, and be able to multi-task and prioritize daily work.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of and experience in handling bio-hazard materials.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant science (e.g. chemistry, biology, biochemistry, 2 year degree with experience in Medical Diagnostics or equivalent) or 5 year degree with experience (e.g. chemistry, biology, biochemistry, or equivalent).
Individuals with an associate degree may be considered, depending on candidate's prior job experience.