Human Resources Advisor
Business Unit: Corporate Technology
Requisition Number: 239354
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens is seeking an experienced Human Resources (HR) Advisor in Iselin, NJ who will collaborate with HR Business Partners and HR Expert Teams (Talent Acquisition, Compensation, People and Leadership, Functional Shared Services) to support our Divisions and Support Functions with specialized HR services.
This individual plays a role in advising and coaching managers / employees on more complex HR services, programs and policies while supporting all data management and documentation requirements to support the internal clients whom they support.
- Provide advanced human resources services and operational support to the organization like discussing separation packages with manager and employee, explaining options for leave, or explaining guidelines and policies
- Respond to more complex questions and requests that require a level of professional judgment beyond the scope of AskHR e.g. contract questions
- Support employee relations activities by investigating and resolving issues concerning working conditions as well as people related issues such as manager/employee and colleague relationship
- Assist Line Managers to address specific people topics by advising on options (in context of Siemens policy and local labor law), assessing risk and acting as consultant to help managers decide on best course of action
- Manage data and documentation handling at a local level as required in partnership with HR Shared Services
- Drive implementation of local HR activities and projects in alignment with HR Business Partner
- Drive and educate managers and employees on best use of on-demand solutions for relevant HR related topics (e.g. AskHR, self-service applications)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or Organizational Development a plus.
- 6+ years of human resources generalist experience demonstrating a working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines including employee relations, labor relations, performance management, and management consultation. Strong communication, organization, interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while effectively prioritizing to meet deadlines in an ever changing fast-paced environment.
- Must possess proficiency in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- There will be 5-10% travel associated with this position.