Production Worker 2
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 239357
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Production Worker 2, 2nd Shift (hours 2:30pm – 11pm)
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Production Worker 2, you will be responsible for:
· Assemble and disassemble semi-finished and finished production equipment.
· Utilize semi and fully automated systems to gather and record manufacturing data.
· Resolve complex and semi complex manufacturing problems as part of ensuring the production of high quality products.
· Have functional capabilities to be skilled at various manufacturing processes.
· Functional capability to work in a team environment, demonstrating the necessary flexibility to meet business objectives.
· Individual must be flexible to work any of our 3 production shifts (6:00am to 2:30pm, 2:30pm to 11:00pm or 10:00pm to 6:00am).
· This job may require working with controlled substances. A Criminal background check and Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) screening may be required.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
· Electronic or electromechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies.
· The set-up, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies.
· Manufacturing equipment operation. Weigh, measure and check raw materials to ensure the batches manufactured contain proper ingredients in proper quantities.
· Performs incoming, raw material and final manufacturing inspection and/or audits of quality control programs.
· Set-up, mix, receive, store and deliver and dispense production chemicals.
· Assists with routine repair and retest products. May assist with in-process tests (such as hardness, weight, variation, pH and moisture content) to ensure that batches meet specifications.
· Assists in resolving routine manufacturing problems affecting daily operations.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.