Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 239369
Primary Location: United States-South Carolina-Charleston
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Doctorate Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Post Doc MR Research Scientist.
As a remote employee in the Magnetic Resonance (MR) Research Collaborations Group in Charleston, SC, you will manage cardiovascular MR research collaborations with leading academic centers.
The Siemens MR R&D team in the US is a multidisciplinary group of highly motivated scientists, engineers, and advanced application specialists based at various locations across the country, and working closely with our research partners at universities and academic hospitals.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team to help maximize the clinical and business impact of our research work. The position will be based at a leading academic institution in Charleston, SC, and will report to the MR Zone Research Director for the Central Zone. The individual will be responsible for driving innovative and clinically relevant MR techniques from prototype to a commercially available product. The individual is expected to take a lead in design, implementation, and execution of research projects in the field of cardiovascular MR in collaboration with our academic and clinical partners.
Furthermore, the individual will act as a liaison between Siemens’ research collaborators and Siemens’ internal groups worldwide, including, but not limited to R&D, product definition and development teams, and marketing.
Strong expertise in clinical applications of MR and its physical principles and understanding of how an MRI scanner works is required. Substantial experience in C++/C# software development and design of MR sequences and image reconstruction using the Siemens SDE platform (IDEA/ICE) is expected, as well as knowledge in image post processing. Strong attention to detail, outstanding communications skills, ability to create new and innovative solutions, establish and maintain relationships with a variety of people in different roles/levels and physical locations are critical. An outstanding track record of peer reviewed publications is highly desired.
This is a role well
suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career.
As a Post Doc MR Research
Scientist, you will be responsible for:
· Develop and manage the research collaboration with your academic partner.
· Define and execute research projects with your academic partner to generate scientific results that are relevant for the academic and industrial partnership.
· Adhere to Siemens’ collaborations policies, and take ownership of the processes for collaboration management with your assigned partner.
Research and Development
· Work closely with your academic partner to drive MR research and translate this knowledge into MR products.
· Drive the development of novel, clinically relevant techniques (MR pulse sequences and image reconstruction) with our research partner.
· Develop and release prototypes of novel techniques in compliance with highest source code quality.
· Evaluate prototypes, and publish results in peer-reviewed journals.
· Conduct original research resulting in patent applications.
· Educate R&D and Applications colleagues on clinical research issues.
· Product integration of innovative techniques according to quality standards for medical devices.
· Implementation of improvements of currently existing product features.
· Maintenance and improvements of existing code base, bug fixing, testing.
· Contribute to product protocol development for novel features.
Sales and Marketing Support
· Provide content for articles for Siemens publications such as MAGNETOM Flash together with internal and external collaborators.
· Support educational meetings, tradeshows, and site visits.
· Answer questions from Sales and Marketing related to areas of the team’s responsibility.
· Demonstrate strong knowledge of organization's business practices, issues faced, and contribute to problem resolution of those issues.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
· Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering / Biomedical Physics / Imaging Physics, or equivalent.
· Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
· Strong MR physics background.
· Expertise in MR imaging techniques and clinical applications.
· Experience in working with internal and external partners.
· Substantial experience in C++/C software design, implementation and coding.
· Experience using Matlab for signal and image processing.
· Outstanding writing, presentation, and communication skills.
· Excellent teaching skills and a proactive can-do attitude.
· Ability to work independently and prioritize work.
· Ability to multi-task and follow through.
· Detail-oriented and organized.
· Skilled in MS office software applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
· Ability to travel approximately 10%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Expertise in image post processing methods such as segmentation and registration approaches.
· Prior experience working on Siemens’ MR systems in pulse sequence design and image reconstruction is highly desired.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.