Senior Software Engineer
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 239370
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Knoxville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with a focus on delivering effective and efficient test automation for the verification of PET-CT Scanners. This role requires excellent technical skills and soft skills especially communication. This role will work both locally with SW engineering and test teams but also with remote teams in Europe and Asia. Knowledge of how to design high quality software test cases alongside the experience of implementing Ranorex test automation frameworks is key to success in this role.
· Design and develop scalable automation framework
· Develop Automation software solutions by studying requirements, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes, investigating problem areas following the software development lifecycle.
· Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
· Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
· Develop and realize plans for executing a comprehensive test automation strategy for medical imaging device software
· Provide continuous integration (CI) which includes interacting with team to promote CI best practices. Prioritize tests, build infrastructure and drive product quality.
· Contribute to or lead day-to-day activities of a global test team as appropriate
· Comply with project plans and industry standards
· Creation of automation frameworks using Ranorex, C#
· Test design
· Test planning
· Excellent communication skills
· Offshore resource collaboration
· Good team player
Master of Computer Science
Knowledge & Experience required
· 5+ years of experience in test automation
· Experience working with medical devices verification and/or PET systems would be highly beneficial.