Logistics Champion (1st Shift)
Business Unit: Energy Management (EM)
Requisition Number: 239397
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Southaven
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
- Primary Point of Contact (POC) for training within assigned area (~25% of time)
- Execute operational tasks within assigned area (~75% of time)
- Support quality initiatives, to include order or process auditing. As well as inbound and outbound shipments
- Support and drive ownership culture within Siemens
- Must be able to maintain forklift certification
- Support tasks such as Picking, Packing/Auditing, Loading, Replenishment, Cycle Counting, and Receiving/Putaway functions.
- Serve as direct processing expert within dedicated work area
- Initial POC for new hires once released to the shift
- Ability to fill in for Area lead (as needed)
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and team focus
- Interacts with Supervisor, Coordinators, Inbound, Inventory control, and Outbound staff to reconcile open issues
- Provide feedback to operational team as defects occur
- Participate in feedback sessions and Focus Groups Team
- Support Company and Team Objective, encourage teammates to support changes. Promote improvements and changes to the process in a positive way
- Lead by example
- Other duties as assigned.
- Openly and actively, communicate internally through the respective Dept., and externally with every other department.
- Ensure communication occurs with all peers in a polite and professional manner
- Report all equipment, order, location, inventory, or process issues to the designated team member. If in doubt, talk to your lead, supervisor, coordinator, or all of the above as needed.
- Follow the open door policy, informing your chain of command with your issue, and if unhappy with the answer presented, request a conversation at the next level.
- Directly responsible for ensuring a clean and clear work area for teammates to fully perform their job duties and our expectations.
- Actively provide feedback to leads, trainers, supervisors and managers on all daily incidents, good and bad.
- Ability to perform production activities at a high level (Above Average)
- Monitor your work performance, to develop sense of pride in your work and sense of urgency.
- Actively provide feedback to leads, supervisors and managers on all daily incidents, good and bad.
- Become authority on key metrics and how they are derived, and ensure you understand how you will be measured.
- Be clear and concise on direction(s) given and follow-up.
- Address Ineffective or counterproductive processes
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Computer skills required, to include warehouse management systems experience.
- Material Handling Experience required
- Minimum of 3: Stand Up Dock Truck, Order/Stock Picker, Sit down Forklift, Tugger/Cart, Walkie Rider, or any equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a high-volume distribution center or large retail operation.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) preferred
- 1-2 years of training experience
- Knowledge of SAP and/or PKMS Warehouse Management System preferred.
- 2-3 years of direct operations experience.
- Ability to display Above Average Production Performance within operations