Lead (1st Shift)
Business Unit: Energy Management (EM)
Requisition Number: 239403
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Southaven
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
This is a departmental support position that will directly support the execution of Inbound/Outbound within the Southaven Logistics Center in Southaven, MS. This role serves as Lead for a specific work area within department and will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining key KPI’s within work area including daily Operations Checklist, Safety Audit Checklist and Operational Output.
Support Operations Supervisor with all operational activities
- Responsible for driving a safety mindset within the operation
- Responsible for operational output within assigned area (Pick, Pack, Dock, Euro/Parcel, etc..)
- Execute operational tasks within assigned area (~50% of time)
- Lead and provide direction within assigned work area (~50% of time)
- Completion of Leader Standard Work Checklist
- Support and drive ownership culture within Siemens
- Responsible for communicating daily production trends within assigned operational area. In addition communicating equipment status
- Maintain 5s within assigned area
- Must be able to maintain forklift certification
- Support tasks such as Picking, Packing/Auditing, Loading, Replenishment, Cycle Counting, and Receiving/Putaway functions
- Provide feedback to operational team as defects occur
- Participate in feedback sessions and Focus Groups Team
- Must have clear written and oral communication skills
- Investigate and conduct in-depth research on all discrepancies and provide resolution to coordinator/manager.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and team focus
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills and multi-task
- Above average SAP & RF Scan knowledge and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Above average warehouse experience (i.e. Shipping, Receiving, Cycle counting, Kan-ban)
- Database management skills
- Must be able to maintain forklift certification
- Maintain daily, weekly, and monthly logs for the respective department.
- Support Company and Team Objective, encourage teammates to support changes. Promote improvements and changes to the process in a positive way
- Interacts with supervisor, coordinators, Inbound, Inventory control, and Outbound staff to reconcile open issues
- Lead by example
- Other duties as assigned.
Report to Operations Supervisor when additional support is needed within work area\
- Lead area stand-up meetings daily
- Openly and actively, communicate internally through the respective Dept., and externally with every other department.
- Ensure communication occurs with all peers in a polite and professional manner
- Perform communication daily regarding open issues regarding work in progress, defects, slotting activities, and ideas for improvements
- Communicate all material needs to complete daily assigned tasks
- Reconcile all equipment, order, location, inventory, or process issues as reported by employees.
- Follow the open door policy, informing your chain of command with your issue, and if unhappy with the answer presented, request a conversation at the next level.
- Directly responsible for ensuring a clean and clear work area for teammates to fully perform their job duties and our expectations.
- Actively provide feedback to Sr. Lead, Supervisors and Managers on all daily incidents, good and bad.
Monitor your work performance, to develop sense of pride in your work and sense of urgency.
- Actively provide feedback to leads, supervisors and managers on all daily incidents, good and bad.
- Become authority on key metrics and how they are derived, and ensure you understand how you will be measured.
- Ability to lead personnel within work area and perform production activities at a high level
- Be clear and concise on direction(s) given and follow-up.
- Address Ineffective or counterproductive processes
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Computer skills required, to include warehouse management systems experience.
- Material Handling Experience required
- Minimum of 3: Stand Up Dock Truck, Order/Stock Picker, Sit down Forklift, Tugger/Cart, Walkie Rider, or any equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a high-volume distribution center or large retail operation.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) preferred
Above average SAP & RF Scan knowledge and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Above average warehouse experience (i.e. Shipping, Receiving, Cycle counting)
- 2-3 years of direct operations experience.
- 1-2 years of direct leadership experience