Facility Management & Services Support
Business Unit: Corporate Core
Requisition Number: 239405
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
In this role you will implement, and coordinate mechanical/electrical operations, HVAC maintenance, and energy management, programs for a facility, campus or portfolio of buildings. You'll manage their own Work Order load to include coordinating between individuals work load, and ensuring work orders are completed on time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with all facets of inspections and surveys, including energy audits and analysis, HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems, environmental compliance, accessibility compliance, vendor management and third party surveys.
- Preforms all technical operations to include system air balancing reports, boiler, chiller and cooling tower performance testing; mechanical and electrical system noise and vibration control, tenant work orders.
- implementation of programs to ensure compliance with fire, life &safety programs and procedures, domestic water quality control and water treatment programs to include environmental and safety compliance.
- Responds to all emergency situations quickly (fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns.
- Evaluates and recommends building automation, energy management and automatic temperature control systems.
- Coordinates maintenance efforts with outside contractors, technicians and inspectors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma of GED. Knowledge and understanding of all applicable practices and techniques, codes, project controls and environmental regulations to include safety regulations
- Universal CFC certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues. Present performance information and make improvement recommendations to customers, users and key contacts for operations reviews, strategic business line reviews and other meetings.
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
- Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.