Lead Software Engineer
Business Unit: Healthineers (HC)
Requisition Number: 239412
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us
- Design, implement and integrate software modules that interface with hardware components.
- Analyze software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time, performance and cost constraints.
- Write code that is high-performance, maintainable, reusable, and well-tested.
- Produce application prototypes with sufficient detail to allow others in the development team to complete the development work.
- Consult with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation of criterion for obtaining results.
- Provide technical assistance to the development team including code reviews and technical mentoring.
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, exciting, collaborative environment.
- 5+ years of overall software development experience in impactful software products.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Strong software design skills building large, complex and low latency systems with background processing, multi-threaded architectures.
- Strong technical credentials with expertise in OOP, .NET, C#, C++, SQL, WinForms/WPF.
- Strong foundation in computer science fundamentals including algorithm design and data structures.
- Experience developing software for complex instruments, equipment or devices.
- Experience working in cross-functional Agile/Scrum teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with a proven track record of collaborating cross-functionally.
- Desire to join a start-up effort within a major multi-national corporation.
- BA/BS degree (Masters preferred) in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10% travel expected.
- Experience in a life sciences or regulated (FDA) diagnostic environment is highly desirable.
- Experience with various communication protocols (e.g. CANOpen) is a plus.
- Experience developing firmware.
- Universal Windows Platform (UWP) experience is a plus.
- Development experience with Real Time Operating Systems (μc os, FreeRTOS etc).
- Familiarity with Team Foundation Server.