Fire Alarm Inspector - Mount Prospect, IL
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 239435
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Mount Prospect
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Our contributions sometimes aren’t very apparent – but our innovations have made history. The Siemens Building Technologies Division is searching for a dynamic field fire systems Inspector to perform testing and inspections for new equipment installation, equipment, or repairs for commercial fire life safety systems. Are you ready to make history with us?
As a field fire life safety inspector, you will perform semi-complex equipment test/inspections for Siemens OEM and 3rd party fire life safety systems. Siemens provides training to help you learn and familiarize yourself with the company, Siemens product line and role. This role will require computer literacy (ability to document effectively/efficiently via company issued laptop), attention to detail, ability to use field documentation tools and software and arrive on-site at communicated start time daily. You will be required to obtain your NICET Level II certification within your first 24 months of employment.
Siemens will provide you with a mentor who will help you as you ramp up your knowledge. Many more exciting tasks await you. So if you are ready to make your mark in history and with Siemens, submit your resume today!
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· High School Diploma
· Good verbal and written communications skills.
· Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
· Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan (available once obtaining NICET Level II.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.
· Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.