Business Operations Student Intern(MES, BG)
Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 239456
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Plano
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Business Operations Student Internship
Location: Plano, Texas
Start Date: Summer 2019
Hours: Full-time in the summer
Discover your career with us at Siemens PLM Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
Siemens is looking for a self-starting, entrepreneurial, action-oriented student to support our Mainstream Engineering Business Operations team. The Business Operations team is responsible for the data reporting and analytics that drive the decision making of our business. Our Mainstream Engineering business is focused on delivering world class engineering software applications to small and medium sized product manufacturers around the globe. In this role you will work closely with senior business analysts to design and implement business metric reports and dashboards, analyze trends, and make recommendations based on data analysis. You will get the opportunity to:
· Design and implementation of data queries, reports and dashboards for business metrics
· Execute ad hoc reports for the leadership team and business development resources
· Identify patterns and trends in data sets
· Write summary reports and presentations of the data analysis conducted
· Currently enrolled in a university pursuing a undergraduate degree or master’s degree in finance or computer science
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· An analytical mind and attention to detail
· Good problem-solving skills
· Experience using Microsoft Excel, including features such as pivot tables and macros
· Experience using data reporting and analytics tools, such as Tableau, is desired
· Experience creating effective presentations using data graphs and charts