Mechanical Engineering Student Intern (MES, PK)
Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 239458
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Plano
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Mechanical Engineering Student Internship
Location: Plano, Texas
Start Date: Summer 2019
Hours: Full-time in the summer
Number of positions: 2
Discover your career with us at Siemens PLM Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
In this position, you will get the opportunity to:
· Supporting SolidEdge community
· Virtual tech support to Inside Sales
· Coordinating with Local Schools regarding Solid Edge Student programs
· Other research projects to understand Solid Edge Customer feedback as well as buyers journey
· Currently enrolled in a university pursuing a undergraduate degree or master’s degree in mechanical engineering or computer science
· CAD experience (SolidWorks, AutoDesk, etc.)
· Self-driven and self-motivated
· “Can-do” attitude with the ability to take direction
· Strong written and verbal communication skills