Design Optimization Student Intern (STS, RS)
Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 239459
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-East Lansing
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Siemens PLM US Talent Acquisition
Design Optimization Student Internship
Location: East Lansing, MI
Start Date: Summer 2019
Hours: Full-time during the summer
Discover your career with us at Siemens PLM Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We are seeking a motivated student with experience with design optimization. You will get the opportunity to:
· Evaluate and update our current database that contains a number of optimization problems
· Investigate application of our search technology in new application areas and compare against other established methods in these new domains.
· Work on solving optimization problems in new application areas
· Create test problems to evaluate effectiveness of new techniques
· Update our database of benchmarking problems
· Investigate techniques for improved efficiency in search for better solutions
· Gain a better understanding of how design space exploration is applied to solving real world problems in the industry along with a glimpse into the process of product development.
· Currently enrolled in a university pursuing a Master’s degree or PhD in mathematics, or an engineering field
· Experience in the field of design optimization
· Experience with programming (C++ or Python)- not required, but preferred
· Exceptional communication skills
· Ability to work well in a team