Software Development Student Intern (STS, RS)
Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 239460
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-East Lansing
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Siemens PLM US Talent Acquisition
Software Development Student Internship
Location: East Lansing, MI
Start Date: Summer 2019
Hours: Full-time during the summer
Discover your career with us at Siemens PLM Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We are seeking a motivated student with an interest in software development. You will get the opportunity to:
· Gain firsthand experience of the quality assurance aspects of a software development project
· Assist in the quality assurance of HEEDS by testing new functionality as it is being developed
· Provide support on a web application as a simplified front end to our desktop software product
· Work with the development team to test new features
· Perform interactive and automated testing
· Ensure feature completeness by evaluating implemented features against required documents
· Document and report any issues via our bug tracking system
· Work on the compete lifecycle of the bugs reported
· Work on various development projects
· Currently enrolled in a university pursuing an undergraduate degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
· Experience with web app development
· Coding skills in C++ and/or Python
· Exceptional communication skills
· Ability to work well in a team