Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 239468
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Beaverton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Are you looking for a Dynamic and Exciting Career with one of the most recognized names in the building technology industry?
Siemens is seeking an Engineer II for Fire and Security Systems
- Assist Project Manager and the operations team to create submittals and high quality design packages
- Using codes, standards and guides develop and design fire and security systems
- This position reports to the engineering supervisor who reports to the operations manager
- Working with the Senior Engineer the Engineer I will develop designs for our fire and security systems
- Ensures conformance to applicable codes, standards and customer requirements
- Provide and assist with quality control
- Compile submittal packages for review
- Assists project managers for requests for information
- Assists sales to build pre bid bills of materials
- Provides walks to ensure design is constructible
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School Diploma Required or GED
- Nicet II fire alarm panels
- Working knowledge and proficiency in AutoCAD
- 2 Years of experience as a drafter or designer
- General knowledge of fire alarm and security systems
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Secondary Education
- Practical field experience
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.