Operations Manager - Fire & Security Systems
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 239479
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Beaverton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Are you ready to lead a team of experienced professionals in the Fire and Security Industry working with the latest technologies? If so, consider Siemens!
Include the following:
- The position oversees the operations of Siemens Solutions (Installation) Business in the State of Oregon and Southern Washington
- The Solutions Team installs Fire Alarm and Security Systems to a range of premier clients as well as provides the latest technologies to complex situations
- The Operations Manager I reports to the Branch Operations Manager (Operations Manager III).
- Overall responsibility for the financial results of the Fire and Security Business
- Responsible for Project Managers, Supervisors, Engineers and Field Staff
- Conduct monthly project audits and ensure project manager success
- Create positive interactions with customers to ensure Siemens Success
- Review employee time and expenses
- Work with financial analysist relative to invoicing, AR's and compliance
- Forecast revenue and margin to meet the needs of Siemens
- Be a force for positive change
- Team with other managers to ensure team success
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates Degree Required
- Nicet II or greater
- At least 10 years in the industry with at least 5 years as a project manager
- Knowledge of financial mechancisms
- Position may travel based on project needs or trainings
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing, and individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors Degree or greater
- Nicet III or greater
- Previous experience in employee management
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.