Engineering Specialist II - Ships Technologies - Building Technologies - Miramar, FL
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 239513
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Miramar
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 60%
For more information, please visit:
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Provides expertise and knowledge throughout the system or service project lifecycle. Duties include: estimating, designing, tracking, start up and commissioning jobs of larger revenue and/or multiple projects requiring greater planning and technical expertise than the next lower level position.
- Attends pre-booking and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate the accuracy of sales estimate and job layout. Reviews plans, specifications, and contract to determine project requirements.
- Designs, plans, and handles start-up functions on selected control systems based on project plans, specifications, and contract documents.
- Prepares submittals containing schematics, descriptions and technical literature for the approval of the owner's representative or as required. Obtains submittal approval and prepares as built drawings.
- Troubleshoots possible issues including identifying and debugging software, electrical or pneumatic and installation problems.
- Selects product sizes, types, and location placement to ensure products meet specification requirements.
- Prepares database and job related programming for computer-based systems. Prepares and justifies engineering re-estimate reports.
- Provides on-site assistance with or performs the installation and start-up, checkout and turnover process.
- Organizes and maintains the job folder and updates pertinent job related information.
- Participates in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs and completes all job closeout documentation.
- Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed.
- Coordinates work with subcontractors.
- Perform service visits for HVAC and data analytic systems on board Marine vessels
- HS diploma or equivalent required
- Certification in some form of programming (preferably Siemens PX or S7 PLCs)
- Basic understanding of HVAC mechanical systems
- Solid electrical skills
- Ability to read and follow electrical drawings is a must
- Generally, 5+ years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above
- Previous Automation or DDC Controls experience
- Must be knowledgeable with MS Word and Excel
- Must have AutoCAD experience
- 60% travel expected. Will include international travel.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.