Staff Systems Engineer
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 239532
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Knoxville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
The Cyclotron and Chemistry Solutions (CCS) group provides Siemens Molecular Imaging with products and solutions to build the infrastructure for making PET Biomarkers from Discovery to Production and Distribution. The CCS group produces particle accelerators, used to make isotopes relevant to PET imaging, and chemistry synthesis modules to create radiolabeled imaging agents. Over 200 units of the Eclipse11 MeV, negative ion cyclotron from Siemens are being operated in all corners of the globe for PET isotope production. CCS R&D is a small, focused, interdisciplinary team further developing the capacity of our accelerator and chemistry synthesis platforms to increase our ability to deliver isotopes and biomarkers to our customers.
CCS is looking for a systems engineer to join the R&D team. You will work with a cross-functional team throughout the development lifecycle to design, develop and deploy new cyclotron and chemistry related products.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Staff Systems Engineer.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Staff Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for:
You will be accountable for the design and development of cyclotron related products.
- Lead the design and testing for various sub-systems of the cyclotron
- Lead the development of detailed functional system requirements documentation for all the various subassemblies
- Lead the investigation of new technologies for improvement of the existing product
- Coordinate with all the disciplines involved in completing projects including outside consultants
- Consult with service and manufacturing teams for escalation of product design and troubleshooting related issues
- Serve as the expert for all systems on the Siemens Eclipse Cyclotron
- Develop, maintain and improve our product development practices
- Maintain a professional demeanor, appearance and work environment
Ability to travel and interface with
clients and suppliers
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Engineering or Physics
- Accelerator physics and electronics knowledge
- Experience with cyclotron design and operation
- Experience leading teams and directing technical staff on project related activities
- Experience with design and operation of Radio-frequency (RF) systems
- Microcontroller Unit (MCU) firmware and software programming
- Knowledge and experience with electrical instrumentation and controls design
- Experience in medical device product development and commercialization
Experience with product lifecycle mangement
Required skills to have for the success of this role
In order to accomplish everything above, we are looking for someone with the following capabilities:
- B.S. degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Software Engineering
- Experience working and/or leading efforts that require hardware & software requirements definition and analysis, architecture definition, design, implementation and test
- Experience with NI LabVIEW and hardware
- Ability and willingness to troubleshoot complex design problems
- 6-8 years of related experience
- 3-4 years of experience defining test plans and documentation for verification & validation testing
- Capacity and competency to lead technical projects from initiation through manufacturing
- Competence in communication, organization and leadership with the ability to filter and distill relevant information for a specific audience
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.