Finished Stores Clerk Trucker - 2nd Shift
Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 239540
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation, transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions – from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies. Siemens’ portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications, power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and related instrumentation and control systems.
For more information, please visit:
How can you help us shape the future in a manufacturing warehouse environment?
What are your responsibilities?
- Fill bills of material, requisitions, or machine or assembly packets.
- Put up stock.
- Operate industrial truck, hand trucks or carts, fork truck jib cranes. Perform hooking operations.
- Load or unload highway trucks.
- Notify Stores Control of stock-outs.
- Clean and coat parts as required
- Check received material against packing list. Use blueprint to identify material received and dispersed.
- Count inventory parts as required.
- Forward all recorded documents to proper locations.
- Procure materials and equipment as scheduled or requisitioned, and transport to proper location.
- Weigh boxes, crates, packages, etc.
- Build containers, prepare parcel post and warehouse packaging to meet the specification of the client and/or the company to ensure safe and undamaged shipment of goods to the end user.
- Work to meet Company production and shipping schedules.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Candidates must achieve a passing score on the TABE test issued at One Stop. Call 716-373-1880 to schedule an appointment.
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Be able to pass our basic mechanical aptitude test given on-site at Siemens Olean
- Physical Requirements: Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds on a regular basis
- Prior forklift experience
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.