Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 239569
Primary Location: United States-California-McClellan
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
At Siemens Mobility we live and nurture an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. As part of Siemens Mobility, the Customer Services Division (CS) employs approximately 100+ employees in the USA and is part of the Siemens global Customer Services Division. Our growing division’s offerings include long term maintenance contracts, spare parts, refurbishment / overhaul and Digital services on North American rail vehicles, electrification and signaling systems. As our Production Planner, your role is to ensure that all Engineering Bill Of Materials are transferred into the Manufacturing Bill Of Materials and Service Bill Of Materials. The team will rely on your expertise and dedication to ensure that the structure of the Bill Of Materials reflects the job sequence including build order, technology, and capabilities in production to meet scheduled production dates on time.
• Participates in implementation and maintenance of Engineering Change Notice System for product improvements, repairs and new product development.
• Works within MRP / ERP systems to add, remove, modify, and troubleshoot datasets.
• Structures (create and sequence) a set of manufacturing bill of materials for different stages of manufacturing rail vehicles (requires a basic knowledge of the manufacturing processes, terminologies, and concepts).
• Creates MBOMs, SBOMs and Kitting BOMs and structures, assigning the appropriate work centers to each work order to define the correct material delivery zones, and assigning the appropriate cost centers to define the correct labor cost allocations.
• Be able to read Engineering Drawings and BOM’s to develop BOM’s.
• Understands how “Bills of Materials” are structured and used with a work order system including setting up time standards, lead times, lead time offsets, and their effects on supply and demand.
• Adjusts bills of materials based on in-source, out-source, outside router, and phantom structures based on business need.
• Takes a “hands on” approach to production planning including supporting production, manufacturing /industrial engineering, supply chain, enterprise scheduling, and design engineering to resolve bill of material / supply & demand issues.
• Realizes the impact of BOM changes to the business and customer departments
. Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• High School Diploma
• 1 to 3 years experience working with multiple BOM types (BOMs, EBOMs, MBOMs), ideally in a low volume - high mix and engineered to order manufacturing operation.
• Ability to read engineering drawings.
• Work experience (including number of years: 0 to 3 years)
• Knowledge, skills, or expertise: JD Edwards, SAP, Other MRP/ERP Systems
• Strong MS Excel skills
• Team oriented
• Good communication skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• : Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technician or AA degree.
• Certifications: American Production and Inventory Control Society Certification – APICs, Certified in Production and Inventory Management Certifications - CPIM
• : 3 to 5 years experience working with BOM’s and reading of drawings.
• Further develops department procedures to improve business and engineering transactions.
• General understanding of lean principles and waste elimination in a manufacturing setting.
• Advanced Excel Skills, Windchill, K2 Work Flow, Data Analysis and Reporting.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.