IT Field Technician - Upstate NY & Central PA
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 239585
Primary Location: United States-New York-Rochester
Other Locations: United States-New York-Syracuse, United States-Pennsylvania-Mechanicsburg, United States-New York-Latham, United States-New York-Amherst, United States-New York-Corning
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Looking for a qualified IT technician ready to support Siemens team and Customers on their IOT devices. Will be responsible to use enterprise tools and cloud technology to provide reliable access on multiple devices. The goal is to build and maintain computer systems and devices to optimize the role of technology on business continuity. Position can be located in Rochester/Syracuse/Buffalo/Albany/Corning NY or Harrisburg, PA.
- Adheres to operational working rules and guidelines, and proposes process improvements.
- Processes all assigned tasks and checks progress of agreed transactions and workflows to ensure timely completion.
- Completes IT operations and maintenance related transactions with involved internal and external parties.
- Responds to operations related enquiries, may act as first point of contact in subject matters.
- May perform 1st-Level user help desk activities.
- Collaborates with functionally involved Operations Professionals.
- Works independently, as a stand-alone position or within a functionally dedicated team of IT Operations Professionals.
- Overall responsibility – Support all location’s employees in setup, maintenance and emergency repairs including laptop computers, peripheral devices, printers, and smartphones.
- Check device hardware and software (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.) with goal to get employee back on the jobsite including deploying temporary equipment (mobile and desktop phones, computers) as needed. Work with equipment vendors and Siemens IT to manage and lower repair time and subsequent employee downtime.
- On/Off Boarding Support of employees - Software, Hardware, Phones, etc. Commissioning and decommissioning per Siemens policies.
- IT Champion/Liaison - Leads efforts for IT software and hardware upgrades and rollout, out of scope software, and new tools deployment by interacting with various Siemens stakeholders.
- IT Ticket Management – Logs tickets for first level Siemens IT support. Coordinates ticket resolution between IT and end user. Manages escalations and resolutions.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Proven Experience as an IT technician or relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, engineering
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
- 2+ years in related experience
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles