Cold Chain Packaging Engineer 4
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 239610
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Plainfield
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Packaging Engineer at our Plainfield, Indiana, distribution center.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Packaging Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and managing various packaging qualification and lane-qualification projects,
- Establishing a US-centered strategy using off-the-shelf and engineered solutions, and
- Collaborating with Operations, Quality, and Transportation to construct and execute qualification protocols.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You possess a Bachelor’s Degree in technical packaging engineering & design, including a specialty concentration in perishables.
- You have had at least 3-5 years of experience in a cold-chain packaging engineering role
- You are proficient at thermal modeling
- You have medical device or pharmaceutical experience
- You are a Certified Packaging Engineer, or Certified Packing Professional
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office software proficiency, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Professional presentations skills with effectiveness to present to all levels of management and to a customer audience
- The ability to professionally interact with auditors, both internal and external, and manage multiple projects and meet due dates.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.