Senior Digital Service Specialist - Building Technologies - Austin, TX
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 239638
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Supports Siemens Digitalization efforts to provide digital services to customers as part of contracted service for projects and / or service agreements. Performing setup support for Navigator and Fault Detection & Diagnostics (FDD) platforms. Interfaces with Remote Energy Engineers, Field Service Energy Engineers, Client Service Managers, Specialist and customers. Generates reports, dashboards on systems performance to pro-actively inform customer and Siemens field offices.
Navigator setup and administration for new projects and Service contracts. Works closely with the Field Specialists and Energy Engineers to identify trend data required setting up users and building navigation tree.
• Administers Navigator proxy installations and setup. Collaborates with Remote Service Specialist as necessary to install on customer’s network
• Configures Navigator to meet the customer’s requirements
• Creates nodes and meters per project setup sheet
• Validates data flow and checks for missing data
• Assist Remote Energy Engineer with report generation
• Creates user accounts and implements dashboard templates for all accounts
• Leads customer training
• Provides customer support – password resets and platform operations
• Analyzes reports in Navigator to identify inefficiencies
• Run Discovery tool to correlate point functions with those needed for FDD
• Run Rule Mapping tool, collaborate with Energy Engineers on rule selection
• Set up Navigator tree, customers, user accounts for FDD
• Activate the selected FDD rules and FDD parameter input for rules verifying rule execution and Dashboard setup
• Actual review of rule faults, root cause determination and recommendations for correction
• Review of data collection and FDD platform to ensure proper data is present rule are executing properly
• Recommends FIMs and collaborate with Remote Energy Engineers
• Presentations to potential customers
• Collaborates with Remote Energy Engineers to review faults that may have an energy impact or
system changes related to a fault that could improve operations efficiency
• Collaborates with Remote Energy Engineers, Field Energy Engineers, Svc. Sales, and Remote Service Specialist to identify new FIMS or energy savings opportunities
• Implements commissioning data collection and reporting based upon a pre-defined plan
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• Knowledge of common HVAC and electrical building systems
• Technical education required, Associate’s in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
• Ability to work independently
• 3+ years of applied work experience
• Specialized skill training/certification may be required
• ASHRAE HVAC Essentials Level I
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
• Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
• Competitive compensation.
• Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
• All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
• Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
• Extensive product training and professional career development.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!