Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 239640
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Auburndale
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for a Systems Specialist I to support our Building Automation business in Boston, MA. Reporting into the Canton, MA office, the Systems Specialist I coordinates, manages, implements and/or performs technical product support for equipment that has been newly installed.
Under supervision, performs commissioning and start-up of HVAC and Building systems on non complex Systems including troubleshooting of systems.
· Provides updated control drawings of field changes and discrepancies for final engineering drawings.
· Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction.
· Trains the customer in control systems operations. Delivers manuals and documentation to the client for training needs as required.
· Compiles job documentation, such as a certificate of completion, customer training form, training certificates and punch lists.
· Conducts extensive self-study (reading, research, and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency in Siemens.
· Computer, Electronic, Electrical Knowledge and or experience a plus
• Works with engineering group to create and/or verify point database; creates/reviews job specific programming via computer for various systems (controls
• Creates /reviews and uploads point database, creates
graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
• Verifies point database and programming operations are consistent with scope of work.
• Runs reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or test and balance contractors, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations.
• Completes and submits written reports; provides Plans and Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
• 1-3 years experience as a Building Automation Controls Technician or Specialist is preferred, although candidates with less directly related experience will also be considered.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required; Associate’s Degree in Electronics or other technical field preferred.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.