Baggage Handling Systems Floor Support
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 239645
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Indianapolis
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
- Safely clear bag jams if and when they occur
- Assist Technicians when required
- Manually move baggage as needed
- Manually encode bag tags when necessary
- Perform general clean-up of work areas and conveyor equipment
- Monitor and assist the flow of baggage through critical areas of the system
- Must pass all background checks and security screenings per airport requirements
Must be available to work scheduled shift (s), which may require work at night, weekends and holidays as required.
Attention to detail is very important, teamwork and the ability to perform under pressure and provide excellent client service.
Requires High School diploma or equivalent. Must have a minimum of one (1) year of electro/mechanical experience
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.