Security Integration Engineer - Building Technologies - Hayward, CA
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 239651
Primary Location: United States-California-Hayward
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is seeking a Security Integration Engineer to support our Bay Area customers. The Security Integration Engineer works with customers to implement the latest security technologies and manage existing platform upgrades. This role delivers a high-level of customer service accompanied with expert technical security industry knowledge. You will work with embedded internal teams and the customers’ security teams to best assist with current projects and challenges.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
- Provide expert technical support on company products and technical integration (e.g. gateways to third-party systems).
- Deliver integrated solutions training and technical support for field technicians.
- Provide on-site technical troubleshooting for resolution of customer issues.
- Diagnose and resolve technical problems on jobs and provide appropriate reports to management.
- Provide technical sales assistance and support on new company products.
- Maintain technical expertise on all new products, tools, and gateways through continuing education initiatives.
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience:
- Integration of multiple security head-end platforms (including proficiency with exacqVision and Genetech video head-ends specifically).
- Systems engineering, installation, start up, and commissioning.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Windows NT.
- Workstation/Server work with Windows 2000 Professional .
- Ability to troubleshoot IT-related items and work with customer IT team.
- Required travel: 5%
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook software programs.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience”
- Preferred education: Associate degree in Engineering, Technology, or other related technical field.
- Other preferences:
- C-Cure 9000 Advanced Certified
- Experience with SyncServer S600
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.