Procurement Spec 4
Business Unit: Strategic Procurement
Requisition Number: 239658
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Procurement Specialist 4
The purpose of this role is to be a leading member of the Global New Product Procurement (GNPP) team. As part of the strategic procurement organization, the GNPP team provides a bridge between manufacturing, new product development, R&D, and commodity management.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Procurement Specialist 4, you will be responsible for:
· Operates as procurement lead on cross functional teams (R&D, QA, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, New Product Development) with the responsibility of delivering a strategically aligned supply chain
· Lead supplier involvement activities on all key development projects
· Drives collaborative design to cost, DFMA activities with suppliers and design teams
· Participates in commercial evaluations of new and existing suppliers
· Executes the request for quotation, supplier selection, and material tracking process to support the pre-production builds for new product development projects
· Provides make versus buy analysis for complex assemblies containing multiple technologies/materials
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
· Familiarity with various manufacturing concepts (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma or equivalent)
· Understanding of various supplier manufacturing technology and processes, supplier controls and industry standards. Specialist knowledge of particular related commodities would be an advantage (electronics, metal fabrication/machining, plastic molding, etc)
· Proven negotiation and influencing skills with suppliers, with demonstrative results in securing competitive pricing and overall terms and conditions
· Demonstrated experience establishing strong business relationships with suppliers and influencing decisions
· Prior experience working in a new product development environment
· Excellent oral communications and business writing skills
· Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and quality related documents
Required skills to have for the success of this role
· Primary degree in a relevant engineering or business discipline; Advanced degree may be substituted for experience where applicable
· Strong Project Management skills and the ability to drive supplier change projects on a cross-functional basis
· Strong collaboration and persuasion/influencing skills
· Typically 8-12 years of experience in medical device, automotive, aerospace, or related field
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.