Order Mgmt Deliver Operator
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 239674
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
The primary responsibility of the position is to assist in the coordination of all export shipments and all gas chromatograph analyzer shipments for the Houston, TX manufacturing facility.
- Shipping coordination of all export shipments including spare parts.
- Shipping coordination of all gas chromatograph analyzer system shipments.
- Arranging for crating of all analyzer and spare parts orders as needed.
- Arranging movement of all air/ocean shipments.
- Arranging for daily shipment pick-ups.
- Preparation, legalization and filing of all necessary export paperwork as needed.
- Tracking of all gas chromatograph analyzer system shipments to delivery.
- Performing as one of the primary contacts with operations personnel, freight forwarders, freight companies and customers regarding product shipments to customers.
- Updating information for customer orders as needed in SAP.
- Develop and implement operational processes and procedures to ensure efficient movement of freight, minimizing freight spending and still meeting customer’s delivery expectations.
- Review, coding and approval of incoming freight bills as necessary.
- Review of incoming freight bills and invoicing of customers for freight as necessary.
- Communicate and coordinate as needed with the Siemens US Export Control and Compliance Group.
- Perform back-up role for gas chromatograph and CGA order entry.
- Perform back-up role for order management tasks and invoicing.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- The qualified candidate will possess a high school diploma or related discipline and have 1 - 3+ years previous experience in a shipping coordination related function.
- Highly detail-oriented work style.
- Ability to effectively manage deadlines and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Team oriented gets along well with others, builds constructive and effective relationships.
- Self-motivated, can be counted on to exceed goals successfully.
- Working knowledge of SAP, a plus.
- Proven capability in driving standardization and digitalization to drive continuous performance and process improvements.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.