Horizontal Boring Mill Machinist - 3rd Shift
Business Unit: Power Generation Operations
Requisition Number: 239688
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
How can you shape the future as a Machinist?
Set up and operate CNC horizontal boring mills and perform various machining (boring, side entry, slotting) and drilling, tapping, and reaming operations on a variety of turbine-rotor parts and components. Tool setting, tool offset and cutter compensation along with feed, speed, tooling wear and chip and coolant assessment capabilities are a primary function of this job. Knowledge and experience with rotor side entry experience is preferred.
What are your responsibilities in this role?
- Setup and operate a manual or CNC lathe, mill, jig bore, etc. to do a variety of close tolerance machining using Fanuc or Siemens controls
- Produce parts from prints, samples, sketches or drawings and check work, using standard, or special gauging devices. All work must conform to highest quality standards.
- Install and adjust tools, set feeds and speeds, install fixtures, blocks, shims, and clamping devices.
- Load and unload parts following established Siemens procedures for loading and unloading parts and materials.
- Oil and grease machine as required. Clean machine at regular intervals. Use coolant when machining.
- Conform to all safety procedures and policies
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Three (3) year experience in the setup and operation of manual and/or CNC milling or turning machines, horizontal boring mills for heavy metal removal on medium to large parts and to produce component parts and assemblies.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds on a regular basis throughout the day.
- Basic knowledge and understanding in the use of shop mathematics, together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables and various precision measuring instruments or the training equivalent to 1-3 years applied trades training
- Must be able to pass standard hearing, vision and pulmonary function tests.
- A skills assessment will be required