Software Developer in Testing
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 239695
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Software Development Test Engineer
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Software Development Test Engineer, you will be responsible for performing software verification and validation activities as a part of the overall software development process for Siemens Laboratory Diagnostic Systems. You will be expected to help lead and work hands on automating current manual QA activities. The primary responsibilities of the Software Development Test Engineer are to:
- Design, develop, and execute software tests to verify that design implementation meets documented requirements
- Help define and automate manual QA processes
- Plan and implement configuration of physical setup of equipment
- Write software verification test plan and reports, risk and traceability reports.
- Create/track software defect records in the defect tracking database and verify closure of defects
- Report passed and failed requirements to the test team lead, the project team, and the department manager
- Interpret requirements for testability and ensure coverage in test design.
- Communicate task status, metrics and software quality
- Interact with a cross functional team on a project
- Multitask effectively on and across projects, when required
- Communicate effectively one on one as well as in groups at both high and low concept levels
- Some travel to domestic and international locations.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- Must have knowledge of how software verification / validation activities integrated within a software development process.
The Staff software test engineer required skills include:
- Knowledgeable with all type of testing: black-box, gray-box, white-box, challenging verification, performance, scalability, reliability, stress and load testing, etc. as required by the project
- Designing, developing, reviewing, and executing software test case based on requirements and specification documentation
- Providing documented evidence of your test execution
- Participating in risk management activities (project, technical, and hazard)
- Ability to comprehend software specification documents
- Ability to peer-review software requirements, specification, and test documents.
- Ability to create lean test cases for complex software modules from software requirements and specification documents
- Ability to define, estimate and track progress of tasks, and communicate project status
- Ability to create Requirements Trace documentation
- Ability to perform reviews of manual and, possibly, automated tests
- Ability to work effectively alone, as part of a team, and able to lead other individual contributors.
- Possesses strong writing, presentation, and general communication skills in English
Knowledge and skill of any of the following items is a plus:
- Experience with Microsoft Portfolio: Visual Studio, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, MTM , etc.
- Designing Automated testing scripts using test automated tools such as; Test Complete, Selenium, Load Runner, QTP/UFT
- Experience with Agile Development methodology: Kanban, Scrum
- Experience with Pairwise, Orthogonal Array Testing
- Experience and expertise on testing Siemens Laboratory Diagnostic Systems, in particular:
- ADVIA 2400 Chemistry System
- ADVIA 1800 Chemistry System
- ADVIA Chemistry XPT System
- Lab Automation such as APTIO, VersaCell, StreamLab, ADVIA LabCell,
- Syngo Remote Services.
- Computer system performance monitoring
- Communication protocols, such as ASTM LIS , HL7
- Networking configuration and set up.
- Ability to calculate parameters for reported analytes
- Statistical Data Analysis
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Program Languages: C#, C++, Java
- FDA Design Control regulations, and associated standards and guidance
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering, or 8+ years of successful experience in a related field and the successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities, Knowledge and skills as presented above.
- An appropriate advanced degree may be substituted for experience, where applicable.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.