Electrical Estimator - Building Automation, Fire Alarm, and Security Systems - Building Technologies - Cypress, CA
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 239699
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens Building Technologies is looking for an Electrical Estimator to support their project business. In this role, you will make recommendations relative to cost evaluations and value engineering. Activities are tracked and documented according to standards established by the Building Technologies Procurement Organization and reports the results of negotiations in designated on-line tools. This role reports to the electrical estimating manager and has no direct reports.
You will be responsible
for analyzing conceptual or detailed job designs, specifications, and drawings in
to provide cost estimates for material and labor to be sourced externally for
building automation, fire safety, and security electrical installation. Based
upon these estimates you’ll prepare/assist with the development of RFPs, and
either lead or assist in negotiations to establish subcontractor pricing.
You’ll collaborate with procurement, sales, engineering and at times with customers to understand and/or develop the scope of work that will be awarded. From time to time you will visit job sites within the Zone and compile additional background for your estimates.
These clarifications and solidifications of scope will be passed along to the subcontractors to ensure appropriate understanding of the job to be performed. The successful candidate must have a thorough knowledge of the National Electrical Code and be familiar with state and municipal codes. The candidate will assist in maintaining Siemens databases that include market labor and material cost factors and that shall permit a high level of estimate efficiency. Those databases must provide a level of detail that is critical to support successful negotiations with subcontractors.
In addition, you will provide on-site electrical installation estimation training to subcontractors nationwide. Additionally, training to sales and operations personnel along with insights into current labor trends and material costs will also be provided.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of estimating experience in the electrical installation industry including significant experience estimating labor and material for building automation, fire safety, or security system controls
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Good financial analysis skills in determining risk
- Good verbal and written communication skills for contacts with inter and intra departmental personnel, as well as management
- Strong computer skills are required, including MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Cross functional/organizational team management and facilitation skills (internal and external)
- Demonstrated understanding cost drivers associated to electrical installation
- Demonstrated data and financial analysis capability
- Demonstrated self-starter
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated knowledge of negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to speak in front of groups
- Training experience a plus
- Solid project management and continuous improvement skills required
- Experience using Accubid estimating software
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!