Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 239701
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
The primary responsibility of the position is to provide transparent and all-encompassing controlling within the Product and Service sub-segments, including budgeting, forecasting, month end closing and performance review ensuring KPI’s are controlled and processes are optimized to suit the business needs.
- Responsible for assisting in the planning process for Analytic Systems Support (SUP) sub-segment, including monthly forecasting process as well as annual budget process.
- Month End closing and reporting activities for the Product and SUP sub-segments ensuring alignment with IFRG and audit requirements.
- Closely control and monitor SUP business relevant KPI’s, including volume development, SG&A, Headcount, etc. and ensure achievement of targets within each area. Deviations to KPI’s require corrective actions to remediate and achieve KPI targets.
- Regular profitability, trend and variance analysis on Product and SUP sub-segments level will allow you to make suggestions and advise management.
- Calculating annual transfer pricing for segment affiliates.
- Support the segment and sub-segment management teams with adhoc reporting and analysis as needed.
- Close interaction with sub-segment functions to achieve set goals and integrate process improvements.
- Consistent optimization of processes with high focus on digitalization and efficiency.
- Work closely with extended finance community and continually enhance and improve reporting process and standard analysis.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- The qualified candidate will possess a BS/BA in Finance or related discipline and have 2 - 3 years previous experience in financial reporting and analysis, budget planning and adhoc analysis.
- Highly developed analytical skills and detail-oriented work style.
- Ability to effectively manage deadlines and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate creativity and the ability to develop new and unique ideas.
- Team oriented along with the ability to get along well with others, build constructive and effective relationships.
- Self-motivated, can be counted on to exceed goals successfully.
- Advanced working knowledge of SAP (FI/CO).
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access), Thinkcell.
- Working knowledge of Hyperion Essbase, a plus.
- Proven capability in driving standardization, collaboration and digitalization to drive continuous performance and process improvements.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.