Siemens HealthineersBusiness Unit:
Laboratory DiagnosticsRequisition Number:
United States-Delaware-NewarkAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Entry levelEducation Required Level:
Bachelor's DegreeTravel Required:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
The Biochemist completes a wide variety of technical assignments. Supports tests or investigations pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, materials, or processes and investigates possible application of results. Obtains, correlates, and analyzes technical information needed to accomplish tasks. Completes the preparation of reports, charts, graphs, and other documents and advises senior staff. Reviews and approves related inputs such as drawings and specifications prepared by technical support personnel. Supports the production of experimental runs, the construction of experimental models and special tests.
Specific Requirements Included, but are not limited to the following:
· Manufacture and test Chemistry & Immunochemistry reagents/calibrators for Atellica, Syva, Advia, OEM, DM, and Vista product lines.
· Executes and implements compliance initiatives with quality system and regulatory agencies: FDA, DEA, ISO, OSHA, etc.
· Executes, and implements regulatory compliance and quality improvement projects (i.e. design and process change projects, documentation improvements, analyzer conversion, etc).
· Collaborates with cross functional teams including Technical Operations, R&D, Planning, etc.
· Executes, and implements lean manufacturing efforts, process improvements, cost reduction efforts, and supply chain initiatives.
· Handles controlled substances within regulation – Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Criminal background checks are required.
Independently performs full range of standard work for the professional field. Refers complex, unusual problems to others. Identifies and resolves problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations. Provide general guidance or train support and/or professional staff.
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments. Successfully applies knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
Typically up to 2 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree may be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.