HR Business Consultant
Business Unit: Human Resources
Requisition Number: 239763
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
- The position will provide a full range of human resources and operational support to our organization including:
- Partner with the organization by actively participating in managing the business and integrating the human resources function with business activities to provide value to the customer.
- Develop and lead positive employee relations strategies.
- Support HR Generalists in driving organizational change and assist with escalation of complex employee issues.
- Partner with the organization in leading the talent management process, including annual talent reviews and organization planning to accelerate leadership development and enhance technical expertise at all levels in the organization.
- Partner with the talent acquisition organization to develop and execute staffing strategies to support achievement of the long-term goals of the business.
- Implement employee relations strategies designed to create an environment that drives maximum individual and team success and facilitate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Counsel managers and employees to ensure appropriate and consistent application of Siemens operating policies and procedures.
- Conduct investigations and recommend corrective actions.
- Administer, monitor, coordinate, maintain and ensure compliance with areas that may include affirmative action, anti-discrimination, health and safety programs as well as federal and state regulations.
- Facilitate change management initiatives and partner with the leadership team to effectively communicate business strategies, goals, values and performance expectations.
- Conduct or participate on special investigations, studies, projects and other HR initiatives as needed to meet overall company and department strategic goals and initiatives.
- 25% travel to locations; other travel may be required as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or Organizational Development a plus.
- A minimum of eight years of human resources generalist experience demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines including employee relations, performance management, and management consultation.
- PHR/SPHR certification is preferred.
- Prior union experience is highly desired
- Experience in supporting a multi-location business preferred.
- Experience in supporting a remote workforce.
- Experience in supporting efforts to ensure ongoing non-union operations.
- Proven experience to work in a highly matrixed organization.
- The ability to be flexible, self-directed, motivated and able to interact with employees at all levels.
- Strong oral and written communication. Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- The proven ability to prioritize rapidly; strong problem solving skills; excellent decision making/analysis skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must possess above average proficiency in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to use data and information to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standard, practices, policies, procedures, regulations or government law.
- The proven ability to objectively coach employees and management through routine and complex employee relations matters.
- The proven ability to demonstrate leadership skills, professionalism and team attitude.