Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 239781
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Sr. Staff Software Informatics Engineer
This is a key position within the organization, and the ideal candidate for this position will typically have 10+ years of successful experience in LIS/middleware software design and development. Siemens is looking for an individual who has developed and launched products used in a clinical laboratory setting. We are specifically looking for someone who has experience in OEM development of software applications for the clinical laboratory in a FDA regulated environment.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Sr. Staff Software Informatics Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Leading the most complex design, maintenance, enhancement, testing, implementation, and support of informatics applications.
- Leads software requirements definition and design implementation with OEM software vendors.
- Leads the development of user interfaces and human factors engineering.
- Leads the successful completion of informatics programs and applications projects from product inception to product launch in a technical leadership role.
- Leads the review of very complex customers' standards specification and other documentation to determine informatics programs and applications.
- Leads the writing of very complex high-quality flexible software to implement informatics products.
- Designs presentations of the most complex technical findings and developments.
- Leads the development of innovative approaches to informatics application design, and to
optimization and maintenance of informatics products in collaboration with customers and team members.
Performs leading-edge areas of work for the professional field.
- Preempts potential problems and provides effective solutions in reaction to application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, or processes.
- Display original thinking in applying principles, theories, and concepts on a wide range of problems.
- Applies Best Practice to Architecture, Design and Re-factoring. Drives appropriate Design Patterns usage.
- Ensures agreement on the Top Quality Attributes (NFRs) with development team and ensuring they are realized.
- Analyzes Alternatives, Investigates Reuse, Screens and Chooses the Best Alternative.
- Conducts reviews of the architecture and designs with OEM software vendors.
- Coaching of all involved teams on the rationale for technical decisions taken.
- Involved in the design and implementation of critical algorithms /
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- Absolute must have:
- Strong clinical laboratory domain knowledge and clinical laboratory workflows
- Has experience with development of data manager middleware used in clinical labs (LIS or middleware)
- Strong software design and architecture knowledge. (LIS or middleware)
- Requirements Engineering, User Story writing skills
- Significant experience and an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Visual Studio, .NET, C#, WPF, Windows Forms
- Experience with OEM software development.
- Experience with Agile / Scrum development methodologies.
- Experience with design and implementation of service-oriented architectures.
- Strong communication and mentoring skills.
- Experience in OpenGL is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with medical devices
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.