Sr. Regional Energy Specialist – ESCO Measurement and Verification (M&V) Engineer - Syracuse NY or Boston MA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 239814
Primary Location: United States-New York-Syracuse
Other Locations: United States-Massachusetts-Canton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 30%
For more information, please visit:
Sr. Regional Energy Specialist – ESCO Measurement and Verification (M&V) Engineer
Siemens Building Technologies is currently looking for a Northeast region energy customer liaison. This position will be representing Siemens to our client base in support of our Building Performance Sustainability group located in either Syracuse, NY or Boston, MA. The position will be responsible for building and maintaining an ongoing relationship with our customers currently in, or going into the guarantee phase of our energy savings performance contract (ESPC) projects.
This position will deliver on-going M&V reports to our customers and create value for clients and Siemens through gleaning information from the annual Performance Assurance reports generated by our National Digital Service Center (DSC), knowledge of customer operations, and through their own review and analysis of data available through EMS trending and from our cloud based Navigator platform. Using this information the Energy Specialist will become the customers trusted advisor and should be able to identify opportunities to lower their energy and operational costs which may lead to increased opportunities for service sales or Phase 2 Performance Contracting (PC) opportunities.
Delivering Annual & On-going Monitoring Reports - meetings could be Virtual or In-Person
- Ensuring customer understands the guarantee and our deliverables
- Reviewing the cloud based Navigator Dashboard with the customer
The position will be looking for sales opportunities for Performance Assurance Service Programs (PASP) and will have a goal of retaining customers by showing value through a consultative approach.
- This person will have a Siemens focus on leveraging our digital service portfolio offerings, traditional services, and Energy Savings opportunities in new and existing projects
The Energy Specialist will be the liaison between the Customer, the local Siemens team and our national service center on assigned projects. The person will work with Energy Engineers during project development to understand the key parameters and understand what will be measured for inclusion in the M&V plan. They will then determine pricing of the on-going service program for the contract based on understanding the contractual M&V requirements.
At project closeout on critical projects the Energy Specialist may also work with the project manager to commission certain aspects and ensure that any post construction M&V requirements are met; including control functionality, trend setup, and remote cloud based Navigator connection.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Technology or other technical field preferred.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Certified Measurement and Verification Professional (CMVP), Professional Engineer, or other related energy certifications preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, especially, and Microsoft Office in general.
- Familiarity with commercial building HVAC and HVAC control strategies preferred.
- 5+ years building industry-related experience with good verbal and written communication skills, candidates with less experience with a directly related Bachelor’s Degree also considered.
- Understanding of International Performance Measurement & Verification Protocol (IPMVP) and Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) standards.
- Must be willing and available to travel between 20%-40%.
- • Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.