Construction Supervisor - Intelligent Traffic Systems
Business Unit: Intelligent Traffic Systems
Requisition Number: 239881
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Cleveland
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Mobility Intelligent Traffic Solutions business is seeking to hire a Construction Field Supervisor for a multi-million dollar energy efficiency, conservation, and renewable technology streetlighting project in Cleveland, OH where a team of 10-15 crews will install 61,000 fixtures in 15-18 months.
In this role, you will manage the operations team and subcontractors, as well as on-site materials and lead the construction and successful implementation of the project. The goal of this position is to oversee the field teams to ensure efficient and high quality execution of field work that meets or exceeds job/project/contract budget and schedule. You will oversee and manage field technicians and local material storage in day-to-day operations as well as potential subcontractors and suppliers and ensure smooth workflow and compliance with established procedures and protocols.
Particular emphasis is set on EHS requirements and adherence to code and other relevant regulations and guidelines. The candidate will report to the North East Operations Manager and work closely with the Project Manager.
- Plan and maintain short and long term schedules for all manpower and equipment resources, including installation subcontractors and traffic control.
- Conduct routine site inspections to ensure all targets (plans, hours, budget) are on schedule. The supervisor and sub foreman are the first level of support for field technical issues.
- Ensure team completes all required paperwork (work orders, logs, timesheets, expenses)
- Generate customer daily work orders, data transfer to partners, and internal daily/weekly reports, including EHS reporting and management/handling of electronic documentation.
- Support billing process led by the Commercial Project Manager.
- Coordinate safety training as required and ensure all team members are trained on safe work practices and use of their personal safety equipment. The supervisor shall be responsible for all EHS and risk management activities for employees and subcontractors.
- Serve as communications liaison between the Project Manager, customer(s), subcontractors, suppliers and field team and oversee the approval/acceptance process. This task includes representing Siemens in pre-installation and coordination meetings during project.
- Work with Sales Managers and Project Managers on labor estimates/change orders.
- Ensure compliance with local and national codes as well as corporate policies, processes, and protocols, including tasks associated with securing work-related permits from the associated jurisdictions.
- Oversee warehouse material deliveries, forklift operations, material handling, recycling/trash, and inventory tracking.
- Minimum of 5 years electrical, mechanical, engineering or industrial power construction project management work
- Experience - focus on complex facility infrastructure construction (renovations, retrofits, upgrades, building controls, automation, energy services, or renewable technology)
- Class B license required, Class A preferred
- Proven experience with OSHA safety standards, mechanical and electrical systems development, engineering, and project management regulations, practices and codes.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and foster positive business relationships
- Completion (or progress toward) of Engineering, Technical or Industry related degree
- Proficient computer skills - MS Office Suite
- Valid OH Driver's License
- May require on-call response and travel
- Ability to obtain Electrical
Contractors License for Ohio within 3 months of start date is desirable.