Factory Commissioning Engineer
Business Unit: Rolling Stock
Requisition Number: 239883
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
The ideal candidate must have a solid technical understanding of the Rolling Stock testing/commissioning process in order to work with various test team members and systems engineers through the different factory commissioning phases to ensure that they meet the plant goals of Quality, Productivity, and on Time Deliveries. The position has the full support of the Field Service Department along with the rest of the Siemens Rolling Stock business to execute this mission. The candidate should be energized by the challenges we face when commissioning industry leading Light Rail Vehicles, Locomotives, and Passenger Coach Cars. In order to succeed at this challenge the candidate must be self-directed and continuously looking for improvement possibilities in themselves and their team.
- Develop an expert role in commissioning of Siemens Rolling Stock
- Develop an expert role in combining Locomotive and Coach commissioning into a trainset approach.
- Develop detailed technical testing plans for upcoming projects and create detailed test reports for system qualification during commissioning process.
- Identify and drive the purchase of equipment and tooling required for commissioning.
- Collaborate with Siemens Engineering, Production, Scheduling, Project Management and Quality Management to streamline commissioning processes.
- Provide technical expertise to Factory Commissioning teams.
- Develop commissioning schedules and track progress against schedule.
- Develop and implement a training program for locomotive and coach commissioning.
- Mentor Factory Technicians on commissioning best practices.
- Contribute and communicate technical feedback to Engineering to drive optimal reliability and maintainability of the product
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering
- Must have excellent communication
- Decision making skills
- Must be proficient in electrical, pneumatic, mechanical troubleshooting
- Always looking for continuous improvement
- Minimum of 5 years related experience