Operations Manager of Small Parts Manufacturing
Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 239888
Primary Location: United States-New York-Painted Post
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
As a Operation Manager you will provide strong Leadership and management skills to lead a high potential team. Apply technical knowledge to develop processes for manufacturing activities. Drives continuous improvement in all areas of manufacturing. You will also be ensure all targets of Safety, Quality, and On Time Delivery are met.
Drives the strategic development of the organization unit(s) assigned.
* Implements defined superior policies and guidelines, and defines and ensures implementation of function specific processes, procedures, methods and/or tools.
* Ensures adherence at any time to relevant internal and local EHS-standards.
* Plans and proposes unit’s budget and decides and allocates financial and personnel resources, within given limits.
* Manages and develops all the respective work flow process to ensure all production targets (Quality, Quantity, Delivery in time) are achieved.
* Designs and proposes short- and midterm development of this production unit (continuous improvement), and sets up and monitors completion of agreed investment projects.
* Ensures optimum machine utilization and product scheduling.
* Ensures availability of working instructions, rules and guidelines for all productions sections, shifts or production lines assigned.
* Contributes to and implements productions plans.
* Evaluates and contributes to implementation of maintenance programs.
* Contributes to planning and supervision of contractor work orders.
* Cooperates with concerned Sales, Project Management and other technical and support functions to execute the manufacturing program.
* Manages organization unit(s) assigned, and leads and/or coordinates dedicated Management, Professionals and staff.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience
- 8 years manufacturing/operational management experience
- 5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of EHS and manufacturing standards
- Experience with Microsoft Office Program (Word, Excel and Power point)
- 10% travel required within domestic area
- Masters Degree
- 10 years as an operational management experience