VP of Customer Success-Enlighted-Sunnyvale , CA
Business Unit: Digital Communications
Requisition Number: 239894
Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 30%
Enlighted is defining the intersection of Big Data and Internet of Things. Join us in building applications that change the way people interact with the built environment. As our Vice President of Customer Success, you'll build a team to empower our customers to enhance workplaces with workflow, utilization, location, security, and energy insights based on data not available with any other IOT platform. Our platform is so brilliant, it pays for itself through energy savings. That's why 10% of the Fortune 500 install Enlighted in their facilities. We're looking for a seasoned leader with experience building world class implementation, customer support and customer success processes and systems. As the VP of Customer Success, you will lead the teams dedicated to upholding our company ‘customer first’ mindset, and push customer success into everything we do.
- Lead the Customer Success team responsible for customer retention and upsell, including onboarding and adoption. Lead three functions: Customer Success Manager (CSM) to build and maintain the ongoing relationship with customers, Customer Support responsible for end-user/customer satisfaction, SaaS implementation to ensure smooth, on-time deployment.
- Develop processes to manage each stage of the customer journey from planning to deployment/launch to expansion. Identify process improvement opportunities to continually improve the team’s ability to scale. Create and maintain playbooks that help the broader Customer Success team take action and that standardize processes across the team. Collaborate closely with Enlighted Professional services and 3rd party electrical contractors to ensure a seamless and spectacular experience.
- Measure effectiveness of Customer Success team, defining operational metrics for each sub-team and management of quarterly objectives. Monitor and achieve KPIs
- Track customer health and performance metrics through development of dashboards and measures to drive awareness of potential issues and to enhance retention.
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, sales and marketing to implement programs and processes to improve deployment, expansion and retention. Drive transparency in processes to allow business partners to understand and align with the Customer Success team.
- Partner with our Sales team to understand the customer's success metrics, then effectively tailor the approach and reporting to demonstrate clear delivery against these metrics. Identify expansion opportunities and work with CSMs and Sales Executives to expand successful programs. Serve as a point of escalation to manage expectations, navigate challenges, and to ensure long-term account success.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering to ensure a consistent and strong customer voice is communicated and deeply considered in our product roadmap.
- Grow customer advocates that lead to case studies, speaking opportunities, references, and ultimately renewals and expansion.
- Represent the customer in every decision we make.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% to meet with customers.
- 8+ years of customer facing experience: Customer Success, Consulting, Sales, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in a Customer Success leadership role
- Ideally you have led and scaled Customer Success, Implementation and Customer Support teams
- Experience working with enterprise customers on large scale rollouts, preferably with a SaaS model
- Ability to work with and provide feedback to technical and non-technical team members; comfort with technical aspects
- Proven process improvement and scaling capabilities
- Analytical and data driven decision maker
- Strong ability to collaborate across teams
- Passionate, entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Depth in customer satisfaction and customer service technology, processes, metrics, and strategy
- Demonstrated track record of success expanding and leading teams, building client relationships and achieving renewal, expansion and satisfaction metrics.
- The opportunity to bring the market-leading building IoT platform to one billion SF of real estate.
- Strong foundation of successful deployments in over 200M SF of commercial real estate - the most advanced tech companies rely on Enlighted to make their facilities brilliant.
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Exceptional salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- 50% 401k Matching
- Frequent happy hours and lots of snacks