Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 239905
Primary Location: United States-California-San Diego
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is seeking a Building Automation Service Specialist to join our San Diego team. This position performs Service Agreement maintenance tasks to ensure that our customers’ building automation systems are properly maintained and operating correctly; as well as small automation projects.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to service agreement contracts. Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components. Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action, and repairs system.
Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time and material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion. Prices, proposes and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines.
Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments, and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting, and installation instructions.
Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required.
Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours.
Completes and submits time sheets and other necessary information weekly.
If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
Works with other branch, company or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem
Participates in job site final walk and / or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs
Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch.
Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 5%
Required experience: Demonstrable electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) needed to be successful in this role.
- Other requirements:
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States, and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree
Preferred experience: Experience installing, servicing, programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting of building automation systems preferred.
- Other preferences:
Professional computer networking experience highly desirable.
Certifications such as CompTIA Network+ and MCSE
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.