Project Manager - Building Automation Solutions
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 239907
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Morrisville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens Building Technologies is seeking a Project Manager to support our Building Automation Solutions Group in the Raleigh, NC area. This position is responsible for managing projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance. This includes the supervision, direction, and motivation of the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover, and warranty phases.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Work with external parties and customers’ Superintendents, Foremen, and Journeymen to plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with assigned projects.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
- Coordinate with engineering and technicians supervisors to discuss such matters as work procedures, scope-and-scheduling and work sequence, project-specific safety plans, etc.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with owners and other contacts to facilitate project activities.
- Monitor and control project through administrative direction of on-site personnel to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Represent the company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
- Work with our internal Financial Business Administration (FBA) team to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the customer.
- Manage the requisition of supplies and materials to complete project.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients.
- Formulate reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs, and scheduling.
- Work with engineers to produce shop drawings and all project deliverables.
- Communicate effectively with customers/contractors during the project.
- Manage projects to ensure the established budgets are met and ensure products are manufactured to customer specifications.
- Communicate the company's core value of safety and project-specific safety requirements, goals, and objectives.
- Develop project schedules in compliance with customer requirements, deadlines, and/or milestones; develop mechanisms to track schedule progress in the field; and update the schedule regularly.
- Collaborate with our sales team and the customer to identify any variances from the baseline and determine appropriate course of action to remedy any schedule slippage.
- Communicate schedule updates and any schedule slippage remedies to the customer and gain approval including any compensation component.
- Maintain open communication with the customer and discuss potential future projects.
- Provide forecasts to the customer and participate in forecast/budget meetings as required.
- Develop project budget based on the estimate/proposal including the budget breakdown by task and appropriate tracking units and develop cost codes for tasks/units.
- Run reports on projects, tracking cost and billing.
- Collaborate with our Project Procurement Team to manage RFPs for subcontractors, review subcontractor proposals for completeness and scope coverage, furnish information to complete subcontract agreements including scope of work, pricing, and customer-specific requirements.
- Negotiate and approve subcontract scope changes in accordance with all customer contract requirements (i.e. the prime contract conditions which flow though the subcontract).
- Manage Profit & Loss in assigned projects and monthly financial review meetings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 25%
- Required experience: Demonstrated aptitude based on previous experience or education to be successful managing our commercial construction and direct-to-owner service projects.
- Other requirements:
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, including mechanical and electrical drawings
- Must be able to provide leadership and input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, design, installation, start up, commissioning, and training for building systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Must have strong verbal and written skills in English.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing and be 21 years old to participate in the required Siemens Vehicle Program.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without needing current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred education: Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred experience: Experience supervising, directing, and motivating professional teams (this will be crucial to managing the project with field labor, subcontractors, and vendors during project delivery phase including installation, start-up, commissioning, and turnover).
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.