Test Automation Student Intern (STS, VC)
Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 239931
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Test Automation Engineer Student Internship
Location: Austin, Texas
Start Date: Summer 2019
Hours: Full-time during the summer; Potential for Part-time during the school year
Discover your career with us at Siemens PLM Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We are seeking a motivated Master’s or PhD student who has past CAD design experience. You will get the opportunity to:
· Assist with testing of geometry related development features, which may include manual testing, developing automated tests, test analysis, etc.
· Create test cases and suggest possible tests for the automated testing suites.
· Profile code to evaluate performance and do an initial analysis of bugs
· Submission of bug reports from the above testing
· Develop/modify scripts for collection and analysis of test results
· Independently evaluate and provide feedback on the usability of certain features or workflows
· Currently enrolled in a university pursuing a master’s degree or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Scientific Visualization, Aerospace Engineering, Computational Science, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related field
· Past experience with CAD modeling
· Classroom or practical exposure to multi-physics simulation tools for CFD or FEA.
· Classroom or practical experience with at least one commercial package, preferably Siemens NX, Solidworks, CATIA or ProEngineer/Creo, SpaceClaim, Inventor and Solid Edge
· Genuine interest in CAD modeling
· Knowledge of Java, C++, Python, Linux Shell or equivalent programming language
· Classroom or practical experience with commercial CFD or Multiphysics software such as STAR-CCM+, HyperMesh or Ansys
· Experience working on both Windows and Linux operating systems