Strategic Student Program Presales Engineering Co-op (S&SE, Milford)
Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 239937
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens PLM Software
Strategic Student Program (SSP)
your career with us at Siemens PLM Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting co-ops for our summer 2019 Strategic Student Program. Our co-op positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
We have positions
available in software development, user experience, data management, technical
marketing, global technical customer support, and research & design innovation.
For more information on our specific roles, please see the attached PDF.
- Currently enrolled as a University of Cincinnati undergraduate student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship by the company
- Preferred sophomore or junior status
- Victorious daily ping pong tournaments
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Sales and Services
Presales – Simulation-Test-Services (STS)
As part of the STS presales team, you will work closely with Solution Consultants, Solution Architects, Application Engineers in the alignment and deployment of the STS application suite to a broad customer based across multiple industries. Industries include but not limited to – Aerospace, Automotive, Heavy Equipment, Emerging Markets, High Tech Electronics and Consumer products. Student will be exposed to various aspects of the sales process and customer support including benchmarking, proof of concept solution validation, marketing.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support the creation and solution of 3D Finite Element Simulation Models
- Play a key supporting role in creation and validation of Simcenter proof of concepts for customers
- Play a key supporting role in creation and validation of Simcenter benchmarks for customers and prospects
- Support the creation of standard industry specific demonstration material across the suite of Simcenter tools
- Support the gathering of analysis requirements from current and prospective customers
- Currently enrolled as a University of Cincinnati undergraduate student majoring in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Structural Engineering or a related field
- NX CAD experience a plus
- Strong mechanical aptitude is preferred
- Good communication skills and ability to provide status updates on a regular basis
- A self-starter with strong communication skills