Material Handler I
Business Unit: Rolling Stock
Requisition Number: 239960
Primary Location: United States-New York-Long Island City
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Siemen Mobility looking for a Material Handler to add to the our awesome dedicated customer service team. This position will be located in Long Island City, NY, reporting directly to the Logistics Manager on the Amtrak ACS-64 TSSSA Account. As our Material Handler you will be the prime point of contact for all transfers of material, kits, and supplies. We will rely on you to perform any assigned stockroom task as determined by daily requirements for the ACS-64 project. The right person will be highly organized, have a great attention to detail, and excellent communication and follow-up skills. This person will oversee any material-related issues, focus on employee health and safety and oversee logistics and warehouse activities. Come join us!
• Creates transfer orders based off of system requirements.
• Verifies and maintains associated stock records, logs shortage reports, and other documentation.
• Will use computer applications and computers to maintain accurate material flow transactions.
• Unloads, receives, verifies and counts material delivered to the stockroom.
• Packs and ships material back to company vendors for repair or replacement.
• Performs cycle counting of all material in the stockroom.
• Utilizes small hand tools and may operate material handling equipment including forklifts, pallet handlers, hand trucks, and the like.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Required education: HS Diploma or Equivalent.
• Required experience: Experience in a logistics, material management or maintenance planning function. The preferred candidate will have experience in the railway services industry or corresponding experience in a related field.
• Experience with SAP and Salesforce a plus
• Proficient with MS Office applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, knowledge with Access and Outlook
Preferred Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• The ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload.
• The ability to perform job duties with a sense of urgency and focused on safety.
• Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship.