Business Unit: Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 239997
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
As a CAD Designer, you will be involved in creating Parametric 2D and 3D models and drawing that will be used in automation programs to produce compressor cross-sectional layouts and manufacturing information (3D models/drawings). The candidate will work with programmers to create parametric models that can be updated through .Net programs to produce a wide range of configurations from a template file. The primary goal of tools produced by the team is to reduce cycle time and cost, and to provide consistency in design.
As a CAD Designer you will be responsible for the following:
- Working in a cross-functional team to gather requirements, identify tasks and deliverables that meet internal project requirements.
- Executing projects and delivering solutions in a timely manner.
- Providing end user support to ensure the tools effectiveness in a production environment.
- Developing Template 2D/3D Models, Assemblies, and Drawings (Master Seed Parts) using the Siemens NX CAD environment.
- Utilizing Expression Based Parametric Modeling techniques to produce models that can flex over a wide range of inputs.
- Extending parametric modeling techniques to enhance Drawing Automation and minimize end user cleanup of drawings.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates Degree in Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- 5 years experience using Siemens NX CAD software or comparable design systems
- Knowledge and experience utilizing CAD to develop logic based parametric manipulation of complex 2-D/3-D CAD geometry.
- Ability to formulate, and programmatically represent, complex mathematical models that capture engineering knowledge and rules.
- An understanding of Centrifugal Compressor parts and structures.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office applications
- Up to 10% of travel (Domestic/International)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree- Engineering w/good mechanical design background.
- Computer Science Degree
- Knowledge of Microsoft .Net programming languages
- Experience using Databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, MS Access