CNC Horizontal Mill Turn Machinist
Business Unit: Large Drives Applications
Requisition Number: 239998
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges,
strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
How can you help us shape the future in a manufacturing environment?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our manufacturing team as a CNC Horizontal Mill Turn Machinist. You will setup and produce critical parts for the Large Drives product line according to specifications. You will become a member of the local collective bargaining unit upon hire. You will be assigned and working on 2nd shift but will be training on first shift until fully qualified.
- Operation of high precision equipment producing complex components to meet customer requirements and production schedule deadlines
- Responsible for safely loading material into machine, loading and measuring necessary tooling and proving out conversational and G code programs
- Ensure that all projects are completed safely, correctly and meet or surpass all customer expectations. Follow and promote all safety and quality directives in support of the company's commitment to be the industry’s premier service provider to our clients.
- Safe Set-up and operation of CNC machine, recording measurements using precision instruments, and producing high tolerance components
- Prove out new programs created by engineer for accuracy, efficiency, safety, and quality
- Loading / unloading necessary tools into machine and enter tool length offsets
- Determine tool wear offsets
- Interpret drawings
- Make feed and speed adjustments to program for optimized run times
- Maintain a clean work area and perform all duties safely in accordance with company and OSHA guidelines
- Conduct daily checks of machine to ensure functionality
- Material handling using cranes and walk behind trucks
- Record all dimensions of completed parts in labor packet
What will you need to qualify for this role?
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years operating and set-up experience of CNC lathes and 4 or 5 axis machining centers and/or mill-turn machines
- Ability to recognize improper machine and tool performance
- Proficient with understanding G&M code
- Ability to use and read micrometers and depth gauges and dial indicators
- Knowledge of decimal and metric system
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance
- Have a high mechanical aptitude with good math skills
What other knowledge/education or experience would assist you in this role?
- Experience operating CNC milling machines and CNC lathes
- Siemens 840D control experience a plus
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-driven
- Familiarity with Siemens Shopmill conversational programming a plus
- Completion of an accredited machining education program