Senior Solutions Application Engineer
Business Unit: Distribution Systems
Requisition Number: 240000
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens Energy Management is seeking top candidates for the role of a Senior Solutions Application Engineer for eMobility Solutions & Services. In this role, the Solutions Engineer will be instrumental in creation of new grid connected charging station, scalable car/bus charging depots, and integrated microgrid sites. Toward this capacity the responsible individual will integrate technologies in the area of energy metering, networking & communication devices, electric vehicle charging stations, microgrid controllers, inverter skids, low and medium voltage power distribution systems and battery storage technologies.
In addition, the Solutions Engineer will integrate networked technologies with on-premise and cloud based software packages to enable the remote monitoring and control of charging station assets. The Solutions Engineer will work with existing internal sales teams while also identifying and training partners to help scale engineering competence beyond Siemens. The Solutions Engineer will partner with internal and external experts across multiple businesses and disciplines to realize a complete suite of eMobility, PV, storage and power distribution solutions. Creativity and adaptability will be critical facets for success. A top candidate will have a proven record for creating and realizing new solutions as well as an ability to embrace fast-paced change, works well with diverse globally-based teams, and drive profitable growth. Role will have an opportunity to help create and grow the Future Grids Business for Siemens.
- Creation of turnkey solutions in the eMobility, PV, power distribution and storage projects (electrical design from grid connection to charging stations, communication network configuration, cloud networks, inverter skids, low & medium voltage distribution products)
- Support in the realization of turnkey solutions (site design, training, and support)
- Creation of value engineering ideas for site design that ultimately lower total solution cost
- Internal and external partner identification
- Development of operational processes to support a growing organization
- Customer support in pre and post sales engineering capacity. Generation of collateral and presenting a strong techno-commercial case to win customer business within the margin guidelines expected by the business.
Required skills, education, & experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Advanced degree a plus)
- 5+ years of direct experience in electrical and/or systems engineering. Advanced degree may be considered in lieu of lesser direct experience.
- Working understanding of power distribution system elements and functionality, Modbus, Bacnet, Lonworks, OCPP, Zigbee and/or other building, EV Charging, and microgrid networking protocols.
- Demonstrated expertise in electrical system design, startup, and/or testing
- Prior demonstrated ability to create new solutions and/or services
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25% (early stage start-up may require higher levels)
- Prior experience in eMobility, solar, wind, or storage industry a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment