Application Engineer - High Voltage
Business Unit: Transmission Products
Requisition Number: 240037
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Richland
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is looking for an Application Engineer for their Richland, MS facility. They are looking for someone who is a a customer- oriented, self-starter, to provide technical marketing and business development efforts, in support of critical business objectives. The Applications Engineer plays a key role in the business process, by targeting and supporting product marketing, offer preparation & business development activities, in support of business growth. This position reports to the Product Marketing Manager and will have no direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Richland factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
Promote high voltage products like circuit breakers, arresters etc., in coordination with field sales, to end users, engineering firms, industrials, OEMs, and distributors
Provide Internal & External Training for Product Line(s) to enable sales channels, educate customers and channel partners, and obtain engineering approvals
Provide quotations and proposals as requested by customers and sales
Respond to inquiries about the technical aspects of products and applications, and support technical specification reviews, creation, and revisions.
Assess contractual requirements of the opportunity, utilizing contract management, commercial terms, and legal resources to mitigate risk.
Actively participate in Business Review and Field Activity Meetings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
2. 2-3 years’ experience working in electrical product sales & marketing or engineering environment.
3. Self-starting and autonomous with time management and prioritization ability.
4. Technical aptitude and problem-solving capability.
5. Proven strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex technology concepts.
6. Experience collaborating and teaming across different organizations and teams.
7. Excellent project management skills.
8. Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
9. Proficient with Microsoft office products.
10. Ability to create and execute travel plan in support of field activities; minimum 30% travel required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. BS Electrical Engineering; plus, MBA.
2. 5 years applicable experience in the electrical industry.
3. SAP or similar enterprise system experience.
4. Business development experience.
5. Intimate knowledge of the electrical utility sector.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.